LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d picture control fail with Intel HD Graphics 4600

I bought a laptop with Intel core i7 with Intel HD 4600 graphics. I'm testing a vi containing a 3D picture control. However when I run the vi, the 3d object that contains the 3d picture control displays a conflict, since the moving object, and this leaves no "clean" screen 3d object made. Any tips?, Thanks.

Pdta: I'm using LV2012 and attached a picture of what that looks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,438 Views)

You can turn off the hardware acceleration - see here for instructions on Windows 7:

http://superuser.com/questions/316627/how-do-i-disable-hardware-acceleration-in-windows-7

The performance won't be so great but unless it is a complex model it should be adequate.

Intel graphics cards have not been well supported by Open Scene Graph (at least the version in LabVIEW anyway).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,336 Views)

Make sure you have the drivers installed for it!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Lapto...

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,317 Views)

I too am having similar issues with 3d picture control paired with Intel HD Graphics 4000. Has this issue been resolved and what was the fix?

Additional information, my lap top also has a NVIDIA Quadro K3000M card. This display adapter is used when only external monitors are used and not the laptop display. In this configuration my 3d picture control works fine. When I switch to the lap top display the Intel HD Graphics 4000 is used and that is when I see the 3d graphics issue.

I have tried to turn off hardware acceleration and not given any acceleration option as suggested in the previous post. 

I have the latest device driver for the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I am using LabView 2012

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,944 Views)

I also have broken 3D Picture control using dell laptops - E5440 & E6540 - using Intel HD Graphics drivers.

I found that disabling the "Intel HD Graphics" Display adapter in Device Manager fixed the problem.

Not sure whether OpenGL or DirectX are to blame, but with adapter disabled, neither OpenGL or DirectX are enabled.

Cheers!

P.S. Driver downloaded direct from Intel wouldn't install due to not being "approved" for device.

While a newer adapter driver was available from Dell, it didn't cure 3D Picture control problem.

LV2011SP1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,825 Views)