LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d graph plot number is out of range

I am trying to use the 3d plots in LabView 7.1.  After I run the program (while trying to get correct plots) a few times I get error 1, "plot number is out of range" and then the 3d plot becomes useless.  Even if I remove any inputs to the 3d graph, the error keeps coming up.  Even if I delete the 3d graph from the front panel of my app and create a new one - without any inputs attached, then error comes up.  The only time the error goes away is when I create a brand new VI and place a new 3d graph on it.  Is this a bug with 3d graphs in LabView 7.1?

Thanks,

TommyHelter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,013 Views)

Tommy,

If you wire nothing to the 3d plot, then that error is expected to happen. I have an example vi that I will attach for you that I would reccomend looking at. It should give you a good feel for how to set up the 3d plots. Hope this helps some.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,988 Views)

Actually, the error occurs even when I have a 2d array wired to the 'z' terminal as in most of the examples.  I tried nothing wired to it just for comparison.  Thank you for the example.  I will review, but I don't think it answers the question completely.

Thanks for your time on this.

Tom Held

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,980 Views)

Just guessing now...

I have nver seen that message but I will venture a guess that your 3d graph (which by default has one plot) had the default plot deleted. Goto the CW3d plot properties, slect the plot tab and check if it has at least one plot. BTW: 3d plots start at "1" not "0".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,976 Views)

Ben,

Its an error that can be produced by just adding a 3D surface to the block diagram then adding a control and an indicator. The control just needs to be an ActiveX container with the 3d plot inside, which is seen in the example.

As a side note, you might have to browse for that example when trying to open it. It looks like the file path leads to the llb even though I saved it outside of that. I apologize for that inconvenience.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,970 Views)

This happens if you add more plots (plot 1, plot 2...) on the block diagram without changing the allocated plots.

On the front panel right click on the plot, select the graph (e.g. CWGraph3D) and edit the properties by adding a plot (plots -> add).

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,174 Views)

I also had this error, and the error was still not fixed even I tried to add more plots in properties. could you please give some more advices?

here in below, I attached my diagram picture, normal like other examples..

thank you.

skon080_0-1635059118021.png

skon080_1-1635059178351.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,739 Views)

okay... so I fixed the problem when I looked at examples seriously....  the problem was in my subvi, which always close the reference in the while loop.. 

fixed the problem when I just let it be....

skon080_0-1635061955167.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,733 Views)