LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Graph shows "Evaluation copy" in distributed executables

After I built a LabVIEW 7.1.1 application using 3D Graph (including 3D Graph support), it worked fine on my machine. On another machine without LabVIEW 7.1.1 installed, there is a popup saying:

Error loading control. A newer version needed. The default settings for the control will be used.

The control itself displays a large Evaluation Copy but it works.

There are other posts reporting similar behavior but nothing that applies to that situation.

My guess is that the ocx installed by the Installer is not the same as the one installed on my machine which may have been updated with recent versions of VISA.
I tried to reinstall the LabVIEW 7.1.1 update but it says that there is a problem with the installed Run-Time Engine.

On development machine: cw3dgrph.ocx is version 8.0.0.212
On the installed machine: cw3dgrph.ocx is version 7.0.0.344

How do I fix thiat?

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 1 of 5
(2,949 Views)
Update:

I copied and registered (regsvr32) the cw3dgrph.ocx (ver 😎 from my machine to the other and the 3D graph now works as expected.
The problem is identified but not solved. Instead should I downgrade cw3dgrph.ocx on my machine and rebuilt the application?

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 2 of 5
(2,936 Views)
*bump*

Any advice??

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 3 of 5
(2,871 Views)
Isn't there a way to include the newest version of the ocx and register it automatically (include regsrv32) on the machine in your builder?
Message 4 of 5
(2,856 Views)
JeanPierre,

I hope you're doing well.  Just to clarify, this issue only happens when you distribute your application in an installer and run it as an executable on a PC without the LabVIEW development environment?  If so, NahoY's comment is very pertinent.  This KnowledgeBase discusses some advanced techniques for using Application Builder, which includes building an application with an .ocx file and running a batch file to register it.  Let us know if this is helpful!

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,832 Views)