cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Surface Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to construct a 3D surface plot out of 3 arrays of numbers, however, 3D surface plot requires a matrix.

I'm attempting to get a set of values that range from 4000 - 15000 on one axis, 10 - 100 on another and the values vary on the final axis.

I've uploaded my data set and Im wondering if there something I need to do to manipulate the way LabVIEW thinks about it? Or am I simply missing something?

Many thanks,

Chango

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,353 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChangoMutney

Am I correct in thinking All Throttles shows triples of X, Y, and Z?  Am I correct in thinking you (did?)(didn't?) read the Help for 3D Surface Plot?

3D Surface Plot Setup VI

Requires: Full Development System

Plots a surface in terms of x, y, and z points. This VI has two 1D arrays and one 2D array that specify each point on the plot.

What this means is you make a 1D X Array (10, 20, 30, .. 100), a 1D Y Array (15000, 14000, ... 4000), and a 2D Z Array with the individual data points corresponding to the positions of the X and Y elements.  Wire X, Y, and Z into the Setup VI and run it to see your Surface Plot (I didn't bother to test it with your data ...).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,330 Views)