LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Picture object XYZ

Hi,
Is there any way of retrieving the XYZ position of an object, e.g. a sphere, which has been added to at 3D picture control?

I've managed to keep track of all translations and rotations, and then calculate the resulting XYZ position, but it quickly becomes a cumbersome task, since the transformation property gives back only transformations made to the individual object and not to parent objects.

So, I'm badly in need of a way to retrieve the absolute XYZ coordinates of a 3D picture object.
Can anyone help me?

all the best
Georg

PS. Am I the only one thinking that the help available for the 3D picture control and the vi's belonging to it is extremely sparse?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,052 Views)
Hi Georg,

Have you seen this forum link? I think it might be the solution you are looking for:

If it doesn't help your problem, please post an example VI so I can work on the issue.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,019 Views)

Hi, all.

I have the same problem than Georg. I want to obtain the 3D absolute coordinates (X,Y,Z) of several 3D model parts that have a relative movement with respect to others (defined with a transformation: translation or rotation). I mean, every part is child of the preceding part and parent of the following ones.

So, is there any way to obtain the 3D absolute coordinates of the last part of this cinematic chain?

Did you finally achieve anything, Georg?

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,715 Views)

Hi,

is there anything new? Is it possible to retreive the XYZ position of the object from 3D Picture control?

Regards

Miroslav

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,336 Views)