From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

314004 error network streams

Hi,

I have been reading other discussions regarding the same error but they either do not present a solution or do not correspond to my current set up. First, I want to highlight that I can run project 1 (see attachments) without problems, which also uses network streams but I cannot run project 2 using the same RT device and host. I have no idea what is happening, I have been getting this error since last week. 

I already tried swapping the pasive endpoint and changing the timeout. Also, I am sure I am using the right URLs, I have Network Steams installed and I do have a Labview 2014 license up to date.

Any kind of help is appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,137 Views)

A couple of observations and suggestions.

• I strongly recommend you develop your code within the confines of LabVIEW Project, i.e. within a .lvproj file (create a New Project and put your VIs inside).  Among other things, this will give you a place to define your Target (and may even give you its IP address).
  • The version that seems to work for you is the Host connects using the URL/IP of the Remote, and the version that seems to fail is the Remote fails to connect using the URL/IP of the Host.
  • I've always used the URL of the Remote, and have not had problems.
  • It is important to report error numbers correctly.  In this case, it is -314004 (the minus sign is important!).  You didn't say which VI had the error, but the error says that a connection couldn't be made within the TimeOut period.  Again, both routines need to be running at the same time.  if one is on a Remote Processor, and is continually running a program (started at Start-Up) to connect to the Host, you need to allow for TimeOut errors, and if they occur, just clear them and try again for another TimeOut period to connect.  This simply repeats (for hours, days, or weeks) until the Host "reaches out" and tries (using the Remote's IP) to connect.

I notice that your code doesn't seem to take "unknown timing" of starting Host and Remote into account.  Are you manually ensuring that you start both within 15 seconds of each other?  Otherwise, make one side (I recommend the side indicated by having a URL or IP) keep repeating "for a long time" (in my case, it is "forever") until a connection is made.  Also, put your code into a LabVIEW Project.  And make sure you report Errors correctly, including making sure you indicate which program threw the error.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,110 Views)

Thanks for the reply Bob.

I am using a LabVIEW project, sorry for the confusion. I just decided to attach the VIs in folders. I have tried making the connection both using the URL of the host and remote separately. None of them work.

Also, I'm running the VIs at the same time and if I do not specify a timeout it seems like the VIs can run forever without doing anything; no connection is stablished, no errors of any kind.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,076 Views)

Post the complete LabVIEW Project.  That way I can try it and see if I understand what is wrong.  Also, please tell us something about the two machines (or maybe it is a single PC?) that are "Host" and "Remote".  What are they?  What operating system are they using?  What IPs are they using?  

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,057 Views)

Hello Bob,

I literally do not know what I did but I spent the whole day yesterday trying to make it run using other VIs that I knew worked as a base and that is how I finally got it. However, sometimes if I make small changes for example changing the folder where I'm saving the data or the name of the file it completelly breaks the code and makes it unfixable so I have to go through the whole process of modifyng the original Vis again. Also, I noticed that if I try to code both VIs from stratch it will not run even though I'm using exaclty the same piece of code that I got running previously (and I am not copy pasting it). I'm thinking that maybe I'm dealing with a LabVIEW environment bug or something like that but at least now I know the trick to get it working.

Anyway, thank you for the help!!

Have a good day

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,037 Views)