LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 scales appear on the one front panel

hello, i hope someone out there can help me!

I need to have three scales on my front panel but only one should appear at a time depending on the values that are coming in initally! How do you do that??

regards

finny
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,298 Views)

scale visible or invisible using the value to set a boolean visible or incisible

jacques

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,288 Views)
here is an exemple
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,278 Views)
Not sure if you are asking how to switch between different scales or how to check on the initial values. You can make different scales visible or invisible with a property node but if only one is to be shown at a time, why don't you just use a single scale and change it's min/max or whatever it is that you need to change. This is done with property nodes as well. If you are asking how to check the values and determine which scale, you haven't provided any information as to the criteria for using different scales.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,274 Views)

hey,

okay so thanks jacques for the examples i was thinking it was something like that!

dennis..... this is what i want to do!

i have a force value coming in from a force meter and the scale i have at the moment shows exactly the value that's coming in i.e. if they press 50 newtons then 50 newtons comes up on the scale.

however, this is not exactly what i want to happen!

first of all i need to calculate my subjects max mvc....ie they press on the force meter 3 times and i get their average value! once this is done 10, 20, and 30% of this value is calculated! once this is done it is calulated at which mvc they will be tested. if it's at 10 then the 10% mvc scale pops up etc......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,263 Views)
I'm not sure what you mean by scale now. A scale is the x or y axis on a graph. In any case, if you are writing to a graph or to some numeric indicator such as a gauge, you can either make the entire indicator visible/invisible as shown earlier or change the range.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,246 Views)
hey guys, sorry about the confusion:( totally my fault with the poor explanation!

yes i am using a numeric indicator such as a gauge... three of them but only one should work at a time depending on which round of testing my participants should be doing!

thanks again guys:)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,225 Views)
Do you want the gauge for round 1 to become invisible when round 1 is over than gauge 2 become visible at the start of round 2?  That doesn't  make sense to me.  Or do you want the value to be put into gauge 1, but when round 2 starts, the value starts going in to gauge2?

If its that, create a case structure with 1 case for each round.  Feed your round number into the case selector node  (?).  Put the each gauge into its respective state and feed the input signal into each gauge.  That way if it is round 2, only gauge 2 gets the new value.

What does mvc mean?  Though it isn't necessarily important to solving your programming question, it just confuses people if you use obscure abbreviations.

I attached an example.  LV 8.2.1

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 08-21-2007 10:39 AM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,214 Views)

hello Ravens!

mvc means maximum voluntary contraction it's a term used in ergonomics! basically it's the ability of a person to complete one physical exertion to the best of their ability! the result of this is 100%mvc.

for their physical exertion in my testing they will be pressing on a force gauge for 20 minutes at a predetermined level a % of their mvc. so which gauge appears depends on their predetermined level!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,205 Views)

hi finny ,

i have the same task as u had of mvc but its in one direction so i guess u can support me in my project if u still remember or have some thing which could help me in my project which similar to yours 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,776 Views)