LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2x2 Binning with Dalsa 01M60 and NI PCIe-1427

Hey Steve,

Which version of our Vision Drivers do you have? Do you have the most up-to-date versions? You can get them here.

I will check to see if you can try modes not listed in Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Ricky V.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,348 Views)

Has anybody solved this issue yet? I have just verified it with the latest drivers and with the same Dalsa camera and the same 1427 board. I have attached an image that shows that with 2x2 binning, you get half the field of view horizontally, with 4x4 binning, you get 1/4 of the field of view horizontally, and with 8x8, you get 1/8 of the field of view horizontally. In each case, you get the same number of pixels in the horizontal and vertical, but the horizontal pixels are doubled (pairs off adjacent pixels have the exact same value) for 2x2 binning, quadrupled for 4x4 binning (runs of 4 pixels have the exact same value) and octupled for 8x8 binning. So I have changes the horizontal scaling of the pictures to reflect this, and keep the image of the roughly square target roughly square. I would really like to be able to do binning with this setup to get a fast frame-rate, so I hop this can be resolved.Binning issues

Message 12 of 20
(1,335 Views)

jdb11, that's a fantastic demonstration.  Let me second a desire for a quick fix to the driver.

Best

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,327 Views)

Hey jdb11,

Please post code and I can begin filing a Corrective Action Request to get this issue to R&D.

Thanks,

Ricky

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,319 Views)
I haven't written my own code yet. But I have seen the problem after configuring binning with Measurement and Automation eXplorer, and then acquiring images a) within MAX itself; b) within Vision Builder, or c) within any of the example programs. Below is the info from the MAX configuration report: Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (5.01.2600) Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz / x86 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5 / GenuineIntel / 2800 MHz Memory 3.49 GB of RAM Disk Space C:\ 201 GB of 232 GB free D:\ 232 GB of 232 GB free Back to top img0 : NI PCIe-1427 Attribute Categories * General Attribute Tables General Property Value Interface Name img0 Interface Type 1427 Serial Number 0x0156E75E Onboard Memory N/A Signal Type LVDS Back to category list Back to top Channel 0: Dalsa 1M60 Attribute Categories * General * Acquisition Parameters o Maximum Image Size o Acquisition Window * Signal Levels * Camera Attributes o Camera Control Lines Source o Camera-Defined Attributes * LUT Attribute Tables General Property Value Manufacturer Dalsa Model 1M60 Camera File C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\Data\Dalsa 1M60.icd Back to category list Acquisition Parameters Property Value Detect Pixel Clock True Bit Depth 12 Frame Timeout 10000 Back to category list Acquisition Parameters >> Maximum Image Size Property Value Width 256 Height 256 Back to category list Acquisition Parameters >> Acquisition Window Property Value Left 0 Top 0 Width 256 Height 256 Back to category list Signal Levels Property Value External Trigger 0 TTL In/Out External Trigger 1 TTL In/Out External Trigger 2 TTL In/Out External Trigger 3 TTL In/Out Back to category list Camera Attributes Property Value Enable Serial Commands True Back to category list Camera Attributes >> Camera Control Lines Source Property Value Use Default Source False CC1 Source External Trigger 0 CC2 Source Default CC3 Source Default CC4 Source Default Back to category list Camera Attributes >> Camera-Defined Attributes Property Value Output Mode Single Tap Data Mode 12 bit Exposure Mode 7 Binning 4x4 Frame Rate 101.000000 Advanced Features On Test Pattern Off Gain Mode 1x Back to category list LUT Property Value Lookup Table Normal Binary Threshold High 255 Binary Threshold Low 128
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,314 Views)

Yes, I see the problem in Measurement & Acquisition Explorer as well.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,310 Views)

Hey all,

I will put this in a set up and recreate on this end to then file in a CAR. Once done, I will post CAR ID.

Thanks,

Ricky

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,300 Views)

Hi Ricky,

Any news on the Corrective Action Request for this issue?

Let us know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,256 Views)

We are also interested in a bug fix...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,254 Views)

Over the last 1.5 years I changed my lab - but I think those guys running the lab now would be interested, too ...

but after this time ... well, I've seen a faster debugging ...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,250 Views)