LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2106T Does not see shared variables Hosted on cRio9012

Hello,
I am having trouble using shared variables between my 2106T Touch Panel & cRio9012 device.

I have my FPGA code running fine, the host code on the cRio9012 runs fine, my touch panel code runs ok but can't see the shared variables in my host code etc.

I installed the shared variable support for my Tpanel (see pic) but still get an error.

I can use shared variables between my PC & cRio OR PC & Tpanel but NOT between Tpanel & cRio. 

I attached my project settings & Nimax capture etc

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,567 Views)
wedge,

When you were able to use the shared variables between the PC and Tpanel, obviously they were hosted on the PC.  However, when you were using it between the PC and cRIO were they hosted on the cRIO or the PC?  If they were hosted on the PC in this case, try hosting them on the cRIO and see if it still works.  This can help narrow down the problem to possibly be an issue with hosting on the cRIO itself.
Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,537 Views)

I will check that. 

The blue question mark means that portion of the project can not see the Shared Variable correct? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,528 Views)
wedge,

The blue question mark means that those variables are dependent.  See this KB for more information.  Let me know how the hosting on the cRIO goes.
Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,516 Views)

I was getting all kinds of weird errors so I uninstalled everything and installed all the latest modules etc now my code works fine.

thanks for the help.

ps. I think the problem came from trying to uninstall Touch Panel 8.2 and installing Touch Panel 8.5.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,509 Views)
wedge,

Happy to hear that all is working!  Sometimes a good refresh is all it takes!
Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,489 Views)