From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 SP1 introduced error in license checkout from Volume License server

Solved!
Go to solution

Having built a volume license version of the 2018 SP1 package and then run the update, the Licensing Wizard now pops up and claims to be unable to retrieve licenses for 2018 SP1..a bit similar to what happened with 2014 SP1 

I can see the network licenses for 2018 OK in the License Manager....so perhaps once again there is a VLM-issue where 2018 and 2018SP1 is not covered by the same license(?).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mads

Well, found out through dialog with NI (and later a view on LAVA....too late), that the SP1 update has been withdrawn due to this and other errors (even if you ask for evaluation the launch of 2018 SP1 would then quit due to a missing resource file).

Hopefully the fix is near...AND I hope the fix is possible to install on top of the damaged previous SP1 installation (personally I've done a system restore now, but 2018f3 still seemed to lack a resource file after that, so I'm running a repair to see if that fixes it).

Quite incredible that this problem was not discovered prior to deployment.

Message 2 of 6
(3,054 Views)

Mads, I wanted to follow up here with LabVIEW 2018 SP1 releasing earlier today.

The installer we're releasing today CAN be installed on top of 2018 without any issue.

If you installed the 2018 SP1 installer previously released, you can install the new installer on top of that installation by using the force reinstall we detail in a KB: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK&l=en-US  Using this method will successfully install the newly released 2018 SP1 installer on top of a problematic 2018 SP1 installation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,962 Views)

A couple of us tried to install LabVIEW 2018 SP1 64-bit and are getting a resource error when trying to start the application. Looks like we're reverting to 2018...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,942 Views)

The new SP1 release runs without the resource error the previous one had, so that's good. It still does not accept our volume license though (which got updated as late as November), that's hopefully just a license update away.

(Never quite understood why there had to be a new volume license for the service pack, and for every LabVIEW major release when you already have a valid volume license that covers any new versions anyway...The VL should cover it all until expired).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,903 Views)

I suspect the VLM admin hasn't acquired the new license file.  That should be resolved here rather quickly.  If not, please feel free to reach out to me directly or to open up a support ticket to make sure we get that resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,888 Views)