LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Dev Sys slow startup?

Just upgraded my laptop with  a solid state drive, Win7 Enterprise, and have installed Labview 2013 Academic Site license for 1st time. Also have RT and FPGA modules installed. Activated using serial number given to me by sys admins so I don't have to maintain a connection to the license server as I move through various department sites or take work home. Machine has 4GB ram installed, 2ghz Core Duo CPU.

The development system is taking what seems like a lifetime to load. 20-30 secs just to display the splash, then another 2 min to finish initializing. Total 2:40 to get to the point where i can do something.

Is something screwed up, or is this the new normal??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,417 Views)

If your IT is as bad as mine, I would consider this normal.  Virus scans, especially, tend to not like the NI folders.  Mostly likely due to it being a compiler.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,361 Views)

Update:

problem must have been something to do with not being on the Univ of MN subnets. I was working at home when I posted this, on an un-activated copy of Win7 Enterprise, which has probably now activated itself. Who knows? 

Labview starts up in about 5sec now, faster than ever.

BG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Also a fresh w7 install usual spends a lot of resources for updates. That might slow you down too.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,331 Views)