LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 front panels, 1 VI, 2 difference monitors???

Dear all,

I am building a VI which includes many control buttons and indicators. What I really want now is to put all control buttons in a front panel and all indicators in the other panel. I want to display 2 front panels on 2 difference monitors. I used Vertical splitter bar, it is ok but one screen is not big enough because I want to show many things at the same time. Is there any way for me to do that?

Thank you for any idea!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,024 Views)

Why does it need to be one VI?  It sounds like you want two monitors, maximized on one monitor each.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,019 Views)
Thanks for ur reply.
Actually, the indicators here is waveform graph and I have dozen of graph. You are right, I want 2 monitor. One for showing set values, the other for showing measured values. That is why I need 2 separate front panels but only one block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,010 Views)

You cannot have a VI with multiple front panels.  You can give the illusion of this using other techniques like subpanels, and Window Parent Child relationships, but I don't think that is what you want either.

I'm thinking the best way to handle this is with two separate VIs with passing data between them using something like a functional global, queue, user event, or some other method of shareing data to update the UI.

Message 4 of 7
(3,999 Views)
Thank you Hooocahh.
It sounds like there is no way to do that. So upset :). Anyway, I will think about your suggestions. Thank you so much
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,996 Views)

See this recent thread where the poster was looking to do the same thing.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-dual-monitor-application/m-p/3095219/highlight/true#M885496

Message 6 of 7
(3,979 Views)
Thank you very much Ravens!. It would be very helpful 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,974 Views)