LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 channel scope 6036E and bnc-2120

I am just getting back into labview after about a year off, so please pardon the question if it is simple. I searched the posts and did not see an answer.

Under LabView 7.0 my VI from the examples directory for a 2 channel scope worked fine with the BNC 2120 and PCI-6036E, now it doesn't seem to work at all. I have ran the self test in automation and used the analog out and analog in to see that the voltages are reading ok and they are. But the scope doesn't work. The odd thing is that the traditional NI-DAQ device fails under self test but the NI-DAQmx device works fine. Since the PCI-6036E is about 3 years old or more and I thought that the NI-DAQmx was a more recent addition, I can't see why a 'Device is not responding to the first DMA channel' is occuring. But it passes ok under the NI-DAQmx.

All I want to do is use the TTL output to a lab project and read back in the waveform with the A0 BNC input. Even a simple counter would do because all I am reading back is a TTL freq about 1k hz. I know this can be designed, but I am stuck for time and just need a working not user (me) debugged system; at least until I can get back up to speed. Can anyone point me to a working piece of code. Thanks in advance for the help.

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,546 Views)
Hi,

The two channel scope vi is not working because you have already set the driver to use NI-DAQmx. This VI is written with Traditional DAQ, and therefore you can't use it unless you reset the driver to Traditional DAQ. To remedy this, you will need to reset the driver in MAX under Traditional NI-DAQ Devices. Right click on Traditional DAQ devices, and select reset driver. Once you do that, you should be able to run the VI.

So, I would suggest moving over to DAQmx for your counter application. There are examples in the example finder in the Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Counter Measurements folder that you could use to start with.

Remember to reset the driver when switching between Traditional and DAQmx. You will use the same steps for switching between either one. That is, if you have been using Traditional and you want to start using DAQmx, then reset the driver in the Traditional DAQ devices menu.

I hope this helps. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,538 Views)
George

Thank you for your advice. I did as you suggested but it still does not work, it did reset fine however I think the reason it is failing may be related to the fact that when I try to run the test panel with the Trad NI-DAQ is says ' The device is not responding to the first DMA channel...'

However the device does pass the self test in the new NI-DAQmx option.

Is there any thing else I should try?

This is lame but... it took me 10 minutes to find the reply button on the form; this does not bode well for my faith in getting this going...

Thanks again.

Robert Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,530 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for posting the error. This issue was corrected in a recent driver release. The latest driver is NI-DAQ 7.4, and you will need to download and install it:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/90B60D5899BCCCDB86256FC700581B89?opendocument&node=132050_US

Make sure to remove the hardware before installing this driver. Once the driver is installed, you can then plug the hardware back in. Do this, and you will be up and running. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,511 Views)