LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 COM port swithching at once!!!

Can you post an image of the block diagram?

Also, since you moved to a different os, check the versions of the usb device drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 117
(906 Views)

In same PC sometime it is working sometime.

Why my VI is not opening? Any issue with my VI?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 117
(904 Views)
I'm posting by phone and having problems with LabVIEW for android.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 117
(892 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
I'm posting by phone and having problems with LabVIEW for android.

What do you mean by this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 117
(884 Views)

He is not using a PC/Laptop but still trying to help you out. If you can post the image of your code (Try to post different images of the complete code), you will get the benefit.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 117
(873 Views)
It explains why I asked for an image and why I can't open your VI. If you don't want to, fine. I'll bow out of this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 117
(866 Views)

Thanks buddy

BD.png

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 117
(862 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
It explains why I asked for an image and why I can't open your VI. If you don't want to, fine. I'll bow out of this thread.

No its not like that I got confused with your line. Greatful to your effort

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 117
(858 Views)

You need a usb loop back connector. Do not cost very much. Sorry for the confusion about rs-232 - When you say COM port I just think of a serial  RS-232 (the old days were much simpler)  For USB this you short D+ and D- Don't short the +5 to ground. Get a pinout for your connector.

It sounds like Xp is changing the USB resources when not using it.  Can you set a port number in the device manager for the USB Port in XP? Are all the power saving options, if any disabled.

With a usb com port what error will i get if I use the Visa open and it does not excist?  Do I get the same error If i use the visa read or a timeout if it does not excist?  If you get different errors put a visa open then a read.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 117
(845 Views)
For the arduino, are you using either LIFA, the newer LINX, or a different sketch? Is it always plugged in? What about the other USB connection? Is it always plugged in?

As far as the code, it should not be necessary to always change the timeout. I also don't understand the need to always flush the buffer.

I still think you need to check the Windows drivers for both the arduino and the other device.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 117
(843 Views)