LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 COM port swithching at once!!!

P@Anand wrote:

In the "find list" are you getting the detected devices and are you sure its not empty? 

Once that is detected then only its going ahead...And I am sure that is not empty and after I got reponse from this COM port next time when I wrtie to other COM port then I am getting timeout value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 117
(898 Views)

Is it always the same serial port you time out on the XP machine? If so maybe you have an is with your hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 117
(898 Views)

@Neos wrote:

are you using usb to serial convertor?

Try to check both com ports from MAX.

are you sure you did not change the usb to serial cable which was working eariler?

the  code you have shown is horrible , it is very difficult to check what is happening.

now if this code is developed by you , you should start thinking about design architectures.

No I am not using any serial converter. Both com port is there at device manager and also at MAX. There is no cable involved.

I know code is horrible. I never worked on any design architecture so I am not good at it. What else cause this issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 117
(896 Views)

@Dave_Brandt wrote:

Is it always the same serial port you time out on the XP machine? If so maybe you have an is with your hardware.

Yes same serial port is posing timeout issue.

Same hardware is working on my development PC in which WIN7 is there

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 117
(894 Views)

still there is a physical cable that goes from your PC to device.

Try to check if you are using null modem cable. 

alternatively did you do loopback test on faulty port???

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 117
(892 Views)

Same cable same hardware and all testing setup is workin fine in my development PC (WIN7). 

One cable is for arduino which is standard B type. Other is micro USB

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 117
(892 Views)

and in MAX you are getting results.

on other PC also

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 117
(887 Views)

You could write a quick test program and due a loop back test to check your com port and see if you still get timeouts. This would rule out any hardware and os issues.  Are you using the same rs-232 cables for production and testing?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 117
(886 Views)

If you do a loop back test I would short tx-rx (2-3 pins in d-sub) to check all hardware and cables.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 117
(882 Views)

@Dave_Brandt wrote:

You could write a quick test program and due a loop back test to check your com port and see if you still get timeouts. This would rule out any hardware and os issues.  Are you using the same rs-232 cables for production and testing?

NO RS232 cable........No next time my COM port which posed problem during testin doesnt work. I need to reconnect again to make it work

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 117
(875 Views)