LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 COM port swithching at once!!!

@billko wrote:

I was following it closely in the beginning, but as I didn't have enough knowledge in the area to help him, I eventually lost interest.  I eventually got curious enough to peek into the thread again, and I was surprised to see that it hadn't progressed much in nearly four weeks.

It wrong to say that we had't progress in nearly four weeks, yes it is delayed but parallely we are flushing all other failing possbilities. Also there is been some wonderful gueestion which I am following.

Its streched for 4 weeks becasue whatever changes or advice are being told I need time to implement and check and sometimes 2 days or more, 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 111 of 117
(865 Views)

I don't know the deep technical dfiferences between XP and 7 but this is how I would debug the issue.

If the command "*AA$" works alone then there might be a coupling effect that is causing the error.  swap the "*AA$" (third command) for another one and see if the error happens on the third command or at the new position of the "*AA$" command.

However, I'm still thinking that you need to do what I mentioned in post 107.  Create a subVI that handles the different commands differently since several commands have different return patterns.

Hopefully this doesn't make it more complicated but over in the LIFA discussion, you mentioned commands like "@*DK1$*LK$*DK0$#" and "@*AB$*AC$*AA$*AD$#".  Are these related to the code being discussed here?

0 Kudos
Message 112 of 117
(862 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

I don't know the deep technical dfiferences between XP and 7 but this is how I would debug the issue.

If the command "*AA$" works alone then there might be a coupling effect that is causing the error.  swap the "*AA$" (third command) for another one and see if the error happens on the third command or at the new position of the "*AA$" command.

However, I'm still thinking that you need to do what I mentioned in post 107.  Create a subVI that handles the different commands differently since several commands have different return patterns.

Hopefully this doesn't make it more complicated but over in the LIFA discussion, you mentioned commands like "@*DK1$*LK$*DK0$#" and "@*AB$*AC$*AA$*AD$#".  Are these related to the code being discussed here?

Yes both command are part of my test sequence. I will change the *AA$ with some other command and change the postion of *AA$ will let you know.

Thanks a lot buddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 113 of 117
(857 Views)

Still failing !!! I changed the position and there also its failing

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 114 of 117
(828 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Still failing !!! I changed the position and there also its failing

Giving such little detail of what you did is not at all helpfull.  What sequences did you try and where did it fail each time? (A spreadsheet would probably be convenient here)

I'm still concerned that you are assuming a fixed number of bytes to read when the actual ouptut is not fixed in length.  I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was actually causing your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 117
(817 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

Giving such little detail of what you did is not at all helpfull.  What sequences did you try and where did it fail each time? (A spreadsheet would probably be convenient here)

I'm still concerned that you are assuming a fixed number of bytes to read when the actual ouptut is not fixed in length.  I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was actually causing your issue.

Yes still I am asuming fixed number of bytes to read. For each test seqence there are fixed number of bytes. Before writing the VISA write I know in advance that. I will share the actual test sequence by tommorrow

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 116 of 117
(807 Views)

Also, since you claim that it works on Windows 7 but not Windows XP, also do the same tests using the Windows 7 computer (with the same hardware) if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 117
(794 Views)