LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D Anova returning NaN values

Solved!
Go to solution

I have this vi, in which I want to use a 1d anova, but I always get NaN values. I tried the example here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/1D-ANOVA/td-p/702716/page/2, but I still can't get it to work.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,302 Views)

Did you try the inbuilt example to understand first by searching ANOVA in Help->Find Examples?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,281 Views)

Yes I did. I even tried to follow the example, making the respective changes to adapt it to my needs, but I still got NaN. I tried to understand the help information, but had no luck.

Can you please help me figure this out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,276 Views)

Could you post your vi in LV2015 by File->Save for Previous Version.

-I am not sure of it, I'll try if i can help.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,272 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,269 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,267 Views)

Can you provide the file and try to keep the control values to defalut and then send the vi so that with same data i can check.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,262 Views)

Here is the LV 2015 VI, with the spreadsheet.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nando88

The array connected to the index input of the 1D ANOVA.vi contains only zeros. Your strange case statement inside the event structure which always adds 1 to -1 regardless of the value of i is a definite candidate for the Rube Goldberg code thread.

You have a lot of duplicated code, unnecesary code, hard to follow crooked wires, and unused shift registers.

Do not use the Abort button to stop your VI. Place a Stop boolean on the front panel and wire it to the loop termination terminal. It is not considered polite to post code with infinite loops.

Lynn

Message 9 of 12
(4,247 Views)

I fixed the index issue, but I am still getting NaN.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,242 Views)