LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1794-AENT

I'm trying to read IO from a AB/Rockwell 1794-AENT/B Ethernet/IP interface module with an 8 port analog module attached.  I've gotten my VI to where I can read the status register and identify that I'm talking to the interface module.  I can't seem to figure out how to read the IO module data.  Can anyone share an example VI?

Thanks.

Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,640 Views)

Hi Greg,

Do you have a manual for this device? It might be helpful to post links to any resources you think would help the community answer your question. What interface are you using to communicate with the device? VISA, OPC.. something else? Posting the code you've gotten to work thus far might also help. 

Verne D. // Software R&D // National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,618 Views)

The remote IO is a Rockwell 1794-AENT interface module and a Rockwell 1794-IE8K IO module. I'm using the EtherNet/IP library from NI.  I can read the 1794-AENT status registers, like the module name, version number etc.  What I can't figure out is how to read the data from the analog IO module.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

CVC

References:

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1794-in082_-en-p.pdf

http://www.pacpro.com/upload/data/Rockwell%20IO/FlexIO/Ethernet_1794-AENT%20User%20Manual.pdf

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rn/1794-rn059_-en-p.pdf

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,602 Views)

Hi Greg,

Is this the library you're using? If not, where can I find this library? If so, it's an NI Labs project and you should post questions to the support page for it, which is linked at the bottom on the document. This will make your questions visible to the development and user group for the tool. The support page is here. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,578 Views)

Sorry about that, I've reposted to the location you recommended.  I had tried to post there originally but had difficulty.

Greg

CVC

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,570 Views)
No worries, I just want to make sure you get the best help. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,558 Views)

Hi all,

I would like to know if there are other ways apart from using Picture Ring to control the pictures that I want to display on my Front Panel.

Because I do not know how to control my Picture Ring to let it appear based on the result, based on whatever button is being clicked on.

For an example, right now I am doing a project on a food ordering system, and to show the picture on my front panel, the program first have to know, for an example, what food order is being chosen. So the program will only "find" the picture and display on the Front Panel accordingly.

I hope you guys are able to provide me with an alternative so as to meet the criteria of my ordering program! 😞

Thank you!

Miu

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,205 Views)

Miu,

You've hijacked a completely unrelated thread. Start a new thread. Add additional information such as why tou find it so difficult to control a simple picture ring.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,187 Views)