LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1747-ABS

HI, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CABLE DO I NEED TO CONNECT MY SLC5/03 TO A HMI LOOKOUT?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)

DID YOU DO ANY RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING? You should look a the 1747-UM006 document at the Rockwell Site, which describes connecting to your 1747-ABS interface. The other end will determine what interface you use on your computer. Lookout is a program, it doesn't define what interface you use, but you will have to configure your computer/Lookout software for which ever interface board you use.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,254 Views)

THKS LV-PRO,

I'M USING RS232 DF-9 TO CONNECT WITH MY (HMI LOOKOUT SCREEN) BUT I'M NOT GETTING ANY SIGNAL FROM THE PLC TO THE HMI,

I HAVE CHECKED THE BAUD RATE ,PORTS, LOOSING WIRES, ETC,

BUT I'M NOT SURE IF I NEED TO CHANGE THE PINOUT CONFIGURATION FROM MY CABLE???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,239 Views)

Hi Bibby,

Let's back up a second.  As LV-Pro mentioned, Lookout is software, not hardware, so we need to know exactly what you're connecting the SLC to.  Is it connected to a computer, a touch panel, another SLC, etc?

Next, let's talk about the connection.  DF-9 is a small, 31 or 41-pin connector used mostly for connections between PC boards.  Is there a DF-9 connector on the device that the SLC is connected to?  Or are you using the more common DB-9, 9-pin cable, which is one of the standards for RS-232 communication?

Finally, communicaiton.  Are you able to communicate with the SLC using Rockwell's RSLogix 500 software?  How about if you use Hyperterminal or another serial communication program?  If you cannot achieve communication with any of these methods, you need to check your connections and pinouts.

If this communication does work and you just cannot communicate using NI software, continue to post and we'll see what we can do to get ya up and running.

In addition, there is another forum for any issues with Lookout you may have:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Lookout/bd-p/190

Jim B.

Applications Engineer, National Instruments

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
Message 4 of 4
(2,204 Views)