LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16 bit receive over rs 232

@Intelligent wrote:

Hello,

I am also working on the same project and from this discussion i have developed a 16 bit receiver but the problem is that it interprets the LSB and MSB incorrectly. Also that, if it starts correctly at the begining than sometimes interchange the Bytes it in the middle of the program.

Here i completly explains my project.

I have an analog signal which is digitized through my 12 bit ADC and is serially transmitted to the PC through RS232, Here i have to view the signal similarly as it is generated with its exact parameters of amplitude and frequency.

Problems

1- LSB and MSB are interchanging each other every time. Even between the program.

2- Data is displayed on the chart as a variable against time. But the parameters are not evaluated.

Solutions in my mind:

Definitely i have to decode the bytes so that it may differentiate the MSB  and LSB. I have the advantage that i am using 12 bits so that the upper nibble can be used to decode the MSB and LSB.

Please do not HI-Jack other threads. And you also have a discussion very related to this question going on here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Receiving-Multichannel-data-serially-on-Labview/m-p/1403610#M546469 Please stay in one thread.

Also a reminder. Do not hope that we at any time will do your programming for you. We may give you a push in the correct direction. IF you put in some effort by your self. Like posting your code then you are asked to do so. I can give you a hint. You must develop some communication protocol that ensure your Labview app is in sync with your MCU board. And also a method to detect out of sync situations. If you want to know how. We may take up that discussion in your original thread, OK! 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 31
(423 Views)