LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-126308: Error '' occurred when installing NI Package Manager.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to install LabView on my computer but the error:-126308: Error '' occurred when installing NI Package Manager keeps popping up every time.

I have tried to troubleshoot it by allowing the NI Package Manager through firewall and also checked  my Windows updates. But I can't seem to find the issue.

Could somebody help me out

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,540 Views)

That is described as a Package Manager error, all right.  If I were there watching what you were doing, or (better) doing it myself, I could notice some things like "How much free space is there on this machine?", or "What OS is being run?", or "Where did the Installer come from?" or "What Version of XXX was chosen", or ...

How about "filling in the blanks", including a screenshot of the Error Message (although I hate pictures, but some information is better than none)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,488 Views)

The installer that I used for downloading is from the NI software products website:

https://www.ni.com/en-in/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#346254

My machine has  a free space of around 300 GB left and is operating on Windows 7 Ultimate with 64 bit OS with 8 GB RAM

I am trying to download the LabvVIEW 2018 version on my desktop and am facing with this error:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Venky24

This is the Error message:

Error -1066598274 occurred at an unidentified location

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-1066598274) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xC06D007E).

If you search the Web for 0xC06D007E, you will find "0xc06d007e Error Codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system. "  This suggests something might be slightly awry with your Windows 7 system.  It is also possible that the newer installer, designed for LabVIEW 2020, might not work in Windows 7 (LabVIEW 2020 is not listed as "compatible" with Windows 7).

Do you have access to a Windows 10 PC to try your installation?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,473 Views)

Currently I don't have access to a Windows 10 operating system, but I tried installing the LabVIEW software on another Windows 7 device and it worked out to be fine, so I guess there's something with my Windows 7 system,I'll look into it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,470 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Venky24

@Venky24 wrote:

I tried installing the LabVIEW software on another Windows 7 device and it worked out to be fine, so I guess there's something with my Windows 7 system,I'll look into it

Yes, that is precisely the meaning of the Error Message, as I explained in my previous Reply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,455 Views)

Ya sure 

Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,450 Views)