From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10ch. scanning with Keitley 2000

Hi!

I got some problems finding VI:s or building my self for a task which should be quite basic I think! What I want to do is simply use a Keithley 2000 DMM with the 10 ch scan card and conetct it to Lab View (7.1) to Scan 9 of the channels every second minute. I got the station set up with serial comunicatison with a straíght throw RS and seams too be working properly (tried "ke2000 Read Single Example.vi" & "ke2000 Read Multiple Example.vi" found on ni.com)

I'm rather new to the LabView world and can do some smaller modifications to the VI:s, but not able to build them up from the begining....so if anyone know where I can find an already working set up fopr this task it should really help me out!

Big thanx...Clabb
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,053 Views)

Hello!

I believe the only ones capable of helping you out with this are people that have worked this particular instrument. Since I cannot try it out myself (don’t have access to the instrument) I can only guess how it could look like but not be sure whether my programming will cause any errors or not since the documentation of some of the VIs are kind of vague and that is most likely due to the fact that the people working with the instrument has such a good understanding of it so these parameters are pretty much self-explainable.

But the example called ‘ke2000 Read Multiple Example.vi’ seems like a good start, where you can enclose the trigger VI and read VI with a while loop so the init and measurement function are located outside the while loop to the left and the close and error handling vi are located outside the while loop to the right (with all wires still connected). Now you should be able to do something similar to a continuous acquisition. Then you can add necessary timing functions and so on.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,039 Views)
Hi Jimmie + Style,

Who are  Zambrotta & Canavarro ???  -   sort of beer ??

Find attached a simple Test.vi   - made for  K2010-DMM.  As far as I know - it should work with K2000.
The only thing you have to adapt, is the serial stuff and init of K2000. I use this scanner typically in GPIB-driven Instruments.

Hope this helps to guide into    wanted direction.

Regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,033 Views)

Hahaha!

No they are not beer types or something like that! These guys are football players (or soccer); both play as defenders and come from Italy.

Gianluca Zambrotta and Fabio Cannavaro both played in Juventus before it was decided that Juventus would play in Serie B next year.

Now Zambrotta will play for Barcelona and Cannavaro for Real Madrid.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,029 Views)
Jimmie,

I knew these guys - but as a German I do not love them toooooooooo much.

For sure you can imagine why.  Maybe, that this kind of humor is not to understand this year............

Werner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,022 Views)

Hehe!

I understand that you don't like them too much.... it was a good game though don't you think? I must say that Germany surprised me with their positive football, lots of attacks and the young defense guy, Philipp Lahm was really good!

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,013 Views)

Haha...might have to rename the thread fooootball fanatics 😉

One more thing...ain't getting that timer function working, would like to have a continous time counter (s) and getting it into my excel file by merging the 3 signals infront of the "Write LabVIEW Measurement File" (data, channel, time)

...any idéas?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,009 Views)