LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1074396159 occurred at IMAQ Set Image Size

I get this error at random time. Why does this occur and what does it mean by " Not enough memory for requested operation "

Abhilash S Nair

Research Assistant @ Photonic Devices and Systems lab

[ LabView professional Development System - Version 11.0 - 32-bit ]

LabView Gear:
1. NI PXI-7951R & NI 5761
2. The Imaging Source USB 3.0 monochrome camera with trigger : DMK 23UM021

OPERATING SYSTEM - [ MS windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1 ]
CPU - [Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40Ghz ]
MEMORY - [ 16.0 GB RAM ]
GPU - [ NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 ]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,690 Views)

When Vision creates an image, there needs to be enough free memory.

Please see this Page.

Also if it doesn't help please provide info with the code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,676 Views)

The problem may well be elsewhere in your code.  When you create an image, an array of pixels needs to be allocated in memory to hold the image.  There are ways of creating a few such image buffers, using them over and over as images are acquired, processed, and stored.  Howvever, it is also possible to write code in such a way that you are continually creating new images, gradually using up all of the available memory on your PC.  I'm not entirely sure what the IMAQ Set Image Size does internally, but it might well do such a re-allocation of an array to hold the "new" resized image, and when this happens, you would get the error you have encountered.

Note the fact that you see this a "random times" suggests that the error is "data-driven", i.e. depends on just what processing you are doing, how many images, how big they are, how memory is being allocated and reclaimed, etc.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,664 Views)