LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1074396154: Image Is Not Large Enough for The Operation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am new to Labview and trying to take multiple frames with thorlab camera CS505MU. Thorlabs provide prebuild VIs for interfacing. I received an error when I was trying to use IMAQ to save the image (Error 1074396154 occured at IMAQ WriteTIFFFile). I doubt it is the image size was not right so I swapped xy resolution but it didn't solve the problem. Does anyone know what could cause the issue or where should I check? Thankslabviewerror.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,210 Views)

As you are a New Member, you probably haven't used the Forums enough to realize that trying to diagnose "Why did this Error occur" when the Original Poster only includes a picture of a part of a VI that is part of a larger LabVIEW Project is often a "best guess".

We also don't know:

• What version of LabVIEW you are running, and are you using 32-bit or 64-bit LabVIEW?  [Very common configuration is 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows 10].
  • What OS are you running?  [This will also answer the question "PC or MAC?"].
  • For Camera routines, have you installed the LabVIEW Vision Development Module and Vision Acquisition Software?
  • If you are using Third Party software, can you include a link to the Manual for us?

If I had to "guess", I'd guess that you are using ThorLab's Vision software, and might not have the NI Vision routines installed.  Of course, we can't "see" where all the calls are in your code (because you didn't attach it so we can open it in LabVIEW and "go looking".

LabVIEW Vision is a slightly advanced topic.  If you are "new to LabVIEW", you would be well-advised to find someone with 2-3 years of LabVIEW experience, especially if it involves LabVIEW Vision, to help guide you through the intricacies.  Alternatively, you can use Third Party (e.g. ThorLabs) software to do all of the processing for you.  Choosing to "mix and match" would be best approached with a Mentor.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,201 Views)

Is what you are showing a prebuild VI from Thorlabs or something you put together yourself?

(does not look very professional with all the datatype mismatches, right-to-left wires and unneeded sequence frames)

What else have you tried for troubleshooting, e.g. writing a different format, using a different polymorphic instance, etc. Why are you transposing? Are you sure the path is well-formed (using string to path is always questionable!)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,199 Views)

Hi Bob,

Sorry that I just realised only the photo was uploaded. I tried to upload the .vi file and .dll together but somehow it didn't success so I uploaded it again here. Hope it is not looking too bad. To provide more information:

• We are using LabVIEW 2020 64-bit on windows7 64-bit
  • I am using prebuilt VIs from Thorlabs. The manuals and library are also attached to this reply
  • We haven't installed the LabVIEW Vision Development Module and Vision Acquisition Software

The reason that I have to use it is that the other part of my experiment is also written in LabVIEW and they need to work together, so I cannot use the thorcam software to do the image acquisition.

Apologies again for not providing enough information when posting the question.

Regards,

Boya

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,132 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bz273

In your IMAQ Create choose Grayscale (U16) image

In your IMAQ Array to Image wire the data to the U16 Image Pixels

That gives me no errors. It appears you do not have the correct data types wired.

SNIP.png

Message 5 of 5
(1,120 Views)