LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1073807339 Timeouterror lecroy wavemaster 806ZI-A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I new to labview driver programming and connections using ethernet cable.

I'm using the driver for labview 2012 for lecroy wave series, and the model I'm using is as titled.
I keep the timeout error from the "wait" subVI as attached. I'm not sure what causes it.

Connection might be an issue, but I've tested it in the test panel as attached and it seems okay. (I'm using a LXI connection, I tried using TCIP connection but it couldn't work)

Any help is apperciated, many thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Funan

Hello Funan,

I also received your privat message but will post here for others as well.

You are already connected to the scope.  You are getting a time out error from the WAIT VI.

The VI polls a register to see when the data is available for you to read.  If the bit is not set within the time limit on the loop, it generates the error.

The scope has to ARM, see you trigger event, then process and display the data before the waveform can be read back from it.

Here is a link to the Remote Control Manual:  http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/manuals/wm-rcm-e_rev_d.pdf

There is a section starting on page 27 on Synchronization that will help.

I use the WAIT;*OPC? method described at the bottom of page 29.

You mentioned that you are using LXI because VICP did not work.

VICP will work from LabVIEW, it does not work from the NI-VISA interactive tool anymore. (This stopped working when NI changed the GUI shortly after introducing 64 bit versions of LabVIEW).

Regards,

Leonard Brown
Applications Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy
1-800-553-2769

Message 2 of 4
(3,588 Views)

Many thanks for your explaination.

I'm new to the usage of DSO. But if I'm understanding correctly, the default timeout in the labview code given is 10s, hence, it is waiting (within that 10s) for a trigger in my DSO to generate the waveform in labview. If there is no trigger within the 10s, it returns a timeout error. 
Is that what is happening?

Also, this means that I cannot get the data of a waveform on the DSO onto labview for previous runs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Funan

Hello Funan,

You appear to understand the time out issue.

The scope did not get a trigger and process everything within the time limit so the driver gives you a time out error.

You can increase the time on the loop, or implement a different synchronization method (like the WAIT;*OPC?).

The DSO will have the last acquired waveform in memory until a new one is taken.

If you read a waveform before you arm the trigger for the next acquisition, you will be reading the last waveform taken, but there is not a way to get earlier waveforms.

You can only get what is in memory and once it is replaced with new data, the old data is gone.

Regards,

Leonard Brown
Applications Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy
1-800-553-2769

Message 4 of 4
(3,496 Views)