LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% of 0 bytes on Remote Panel

Hello,

I am using LabView 2015 Proffesional Development System trying to access a front panel hosted on a cRio-9076 remotely through a web browser. I am currently stuck with a remote front panel displaying the correct tile, header and footer but in place of where the VI's front panel should be the browser is displaying "Downloading panel. 0.00% of 0 bytes." I have disabled my firewall and have tried many different port configurations. I have followed the steps in the following white page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26 , except for step two is now done differently because I am using a newer version of LabView. I have ensured all of the necessary software is installed on my cRio and have even talked to a couple representatives from NI and I am out of ideas for solutions. Any help is greaty appreciated as I have read every discussion that involved remote panels that I have come across.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,890 Views)

Are you using IE? Did you try from Chrome or FireFox? I guess your Silverlight is updated. Can you try uninstalling Silverlight and then try to connect to cRIO? It'll ask you to install Silverlight.  See what happens. Also, instead of hosting it in cRIO, can you host it in local computer (in another small project) and find out what happens then. I had this issue before but can't remember what exactly I did to resolve it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,864 Views)

On my computer (Windows 10), I have only been able to get the RFP to work by turning off my anti-virus/firewall service and using Internet Explorer.  I have not had luck with either FireFox or Edge.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,857 Views)
I am using IE because Chrome will not use Silverlight and I have also tried Firefox but I have made more progress with IE. When I get back to the office I will try reinstalling Silverlight and hosting it on my local computer!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,839 Views)
And crossrulz would you mind comparing what you did with the process I followed? It's in the link in the original post, I tried my best to follow along even though it was an older version of LabVIEW. Also what port configuration did you use and did it matter? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,836 Views)

I am using port 8000 (which is the default). I manually put the html file where it belongs.  Maybe you should verify the html file is in the right location on the controller via a FTP.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,793 Views)

So when I create my build, it puts the html file in the ftp://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/ni-rt/system/www/ folder which was instructed on this page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26. Is this where the html file should be located? I was thinking this location was okay since it looks like the browser is receiving some of the data (title, header and footer) but not the front fanel of the vi itself.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,781 Views)

Hi doodemts,

Can you verify if the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on your accessing computer is the same version as LabVIEW on your cRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,745 Views)