From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

랩뷰에서 베트남어가 정상적으로 표시되지 않습니다. (How to display Vietnamese on the front panel)

apparently, if you paste all the messages from different languages into a string control and they can display correctly, you can change it into an indicator to display your individual multi-lingual correctly also... I have no idea how it works, but it works somehow

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(369 Views)

1. 'UseUnicode=True' add in LabVIEW.ini file.

2. Checking the string option 'Force to Unicode text' 

3. Paste all the message from differnet languages into a string control.

I can see that Vietnamese is displayed normally. However, other languages were displayed abnormally.

like...  'LABVIEW' --> 'LABVIEW'  (Can you recognize this letter? This is 'LABVIEW')

And the dialog box. Yes! It can be solved by creating a VI and using it as a dialog box.

If all the strings are displayed normally.

Korean is also uses Unicode... I didn't know that Vietnames display would be so difficult. --;

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(362 Views)

it is indeed not very straightforward, if the word 'workaround' have to appear 

it can still work, provided with the following steps:

1. you need to add the 'UseUnicode=TRUE' line in labview.ini (and application.ini, if you are building exe)

2. you have to paste each individual caption text into the control/indicator' caption from FP separately at least once (do not use the BD property node AND do not paste multilingual text)

upon which your control suddenly levelled up and gained skill "multilingual +1" at its property node "caption.text"

that said, can your user accept such workaround? what if it is used for communicating error messages... that would be a question for another day...

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(356 Views)

@m삼국지m: try this, the control caption and string indicator have been 'treated' with step 2, hence should be able to display the text accordingly. about the dialog box, guess you have to use the workaround or try to get NI for support

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(342 Views)

Ah... I used LV2015 version... I can't open this VI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(334 Views)

here you go... but I do not have LV2015 anymore, hence cannot test if the workaround was inherited, but it was tested OK on LV2020

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(328 Views)