LabVIEW for beginners

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Need guide on Labview ~ Mitsubishi plc fx3g

Hi All,

My boss bought me a new mitsubishi PLC fx3g equipped with fx3g-232-bd Rs232 port. I have searched in NI Forum.. google.. do some trial but still failed to communicate

(no output).

It looks like I missed some step maybe on cable wiring or method of programming.

My laptop installed with Labview 2014 & NI VISA

Please help to answer my below questions :

1. I have confirmed the PLC is blank without any setting & program loaded.

Should I do setting on PLC itself for address & serial setting using any mitsubishi GX program before connect to Labview? or Labview able to connect & control the PLC directly?

2. I am using custom connection from Laptop - USB to RS232 converter - custom RS232 to fx3g-232-bd port. I have try both wiring connections.

Wiring method 1 non protocol comm. (Connection#1) & Wiring method 2 modbus (Connection#2)

3. I have try run command using basic PLC command & Labview Modbus library command

Command method 1 format 1 (Command#1) & Loopback (CommandTT) & Command method 2 modbus (Command#2)

I am appreciate your help & Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(982 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.