LabVIEW for beginners

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Getting started

I have many questions, as a beginner, but one that I'm dealing with now is related to adding code (vi's) & additional DAQ I/O into an existing Labview project.

I attended Core 1 & 2 classes about 6 months ago with the intention of working with a 10 year NI veteren at our company. As it turned out, he moved before we could work together on further training.  I have not have time to concentrate on furthering my Core training.  I have been given the task of modifying/upgrading an exisiting project.  We did bring in an experienced NI programmer for one day, we worked on a few items.

But I still do not have the one-on-one or step-by-step inital training that was supposed tohappen.  I understand the theroy and am grasping the processes of NI.  The NI project I was given to update is 'quite complex for a brginner', as pointed out by the experienced NI programmer.

Never the less, I am trying to accomplish the task given me.  So, I am looking for videos, tips, instructions on how to perform some "basic" funtions within the project. 

One task is to add additional I/O from DAQ-mx, I found the vi where the DAQ is gathered or polled.  But I can't seem to figure out how to 'add' new I/O to this vi.

Another task that I need to accomplish is the creation of code for an encoder, I found sample code that I am going to try to import/create.

But for now, I need to add the new I/O.

Thanks for any tips, instruction (video or text) that you can provide

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(689 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.