From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI freezes every few seconds for a couple seconds.

I am running LabView myRIO 2016 and the Lego Mindstorms NXT on Windows 10. The connection to the Mindstorms is through Bluetooth however I see the same behavior with USB connection as well. I have a simple VI which has a counter and displays the value from the sonar sensor. When I run the VI it pauses (freezes) every few seconds for a couple of seconds and then continues. I see in the task manager that during that time the CPU usage for LabView is zero. I don't see any other tasks using more CPU during that time. Any ideas what is going on? VI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,357 Views)

Hi aodematt,

Does this VI has timing limitations? In the help of this VI it doesn´t say anything about it? What happens if you increase the the "wait" time or if you delete it? Does it make any difference?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,295 Views)

I see the same problem if I increase the wait time. I changed it to 1 sec and it freezes for about 2 seconds every 5 to 6 seconds. It might be a Windows problem with accessing Bluetooth or USB however I don't know how to tell. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,291 Views)

Yeah it looks like...can you test it in another machine?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,283 Views)

Not that easy but will try. I tried downgrading to LV2015 and I have the same problem. Even more a reason to investigate Windows. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,280 Views)

Yeah it sound like a windows issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,272 Views)

Tried another computer (Low performance) with a Celeron and only 2GB of ram. I am seeing the same problem. Will try a different more powerful laptop this  week.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,249 Views)

It sounds like a good idea

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,246 Views)

Installing it in  new machine which had Windows 10 only and no other applications worked. This makes it look like a Windows problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,160 Views)