From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Data onto lego mindstorms brick

I am trying to create a sensor for the lego mindstorms and needed to save some of the data that the sensor recieved onto the LEGO mindstorms brick to be used by the robot in a future action.  Does anyone know if it is possible to save data onto the LEGO mindstorms brick and if so how it can be done using LABVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,467 Views)
Hi are you using the NXT LabVIEW toolkit or only the NXT-G environment?

In the first version you can save it in your computer, in the second it can be saved in flash memory like a waveform or as another file in the brick.
In this way you can use it from one program to the next program.
You even can only use a filename without too much data.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,451 Views)

hi.I need to know if I could save data using file access block within labviwe  nxt toolkits,for example could I save sensor reading using these block(easy write block,easy read block..) plz I need to know as soon as you could  and with details .

thanx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,248 Views)
Yes, you can write (save) files to the NXT brick.  That is how the light sensor calibration program works -- it stores the values in a .txt file, although I don't remember what it is called.  I haven't tried doing this in LabVIEW, but it shouldn't be a problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,242 Views)
Hi all,
The "NXT Advanced Programming Guide.pdf" (installed with the toolkit) describes in detail the capabilities provided in the toolkit. Try around page 38. Also, the VIs in the NXT Toolkit>NXT Library>File Access palette are prebuilt wrappers around much of what is discussed in the PDF. The PDF is in the manuals folder.
Bart
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,235 Views)

look I try use easy write block to save US sensor reading(distance)

then I use easy read block to display that reading but nothing appear on LCD and there was a warning:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\File_Read_Line.vi
    - The shared library expected to be at "NXTInputOutput.dll" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\shared\NXTInputOutput\NXTInputOutput.dll".
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\File_Resize.vi
    - The shared library expected to be at "NXTInputOutput.dll" was loaded from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\shared\NXTInputOutput\NXTInputOutput.dll".
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\File_Write_Line.vi
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\NXT_EasyWriteFile.vi
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\NXT_OpenFileForRead.vi
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Library VIs\File Access\NXT_OpenFileForWrite.vi

what could be the problem???????????

I attache the program I wrote

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,226 Views)