From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABview NXT inputs stopped working

Long story short, I change firmware from 1.21 to RobotC compatible, but RobotC does not work on Mac so I changed the firmware back to 1.05 (couldnt find 1.21 for download or a way to install).

I thought everything was find until I tried to use basic inputs, even something like the NXT Button input fails to work properly. For example I set up a .vi to display "_P_P_P" when the main button was pressed and "R_R_R_" when released. As a result, regardless of pressing it, I get [u]RPRPRP[/u] (more or less) on the display.

If anyone knows how I could get the firmware 1.21 which I think I really need for the FTC competition, please let me know.

Your time and help is much appreciated. A team is counting on me and as lead programmer I feel like I am failing. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,647 Views)
My guess is that your sensors are probably working fine and there's just a small flaw in your programming logic. Did you remember in your program to clear the NXT display between the time you display the P string and when you display the R string? This is a common mistake.
------
James Blair
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,617 Views)