From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this where we propose NXT-G enhancements? :-)

I'm surprised to see no posts here yet, so I'm mostly testing to see if an error occurs when posting.

I've started this discussion in another site's forum, but I figure it belongs here as well:

NXT-G could really benefit from both arrays and more sophisticated file access.  Serial file access would be nice -- random file access would be ideal!

Or it may be possible to write and release our own custom blocks.  That would remove the problem of trying to explain the usage of more advanced blocks to children 10 and up.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,417 Views)
This is a great spot for talking about the toolkit and other nxt stuff
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(10,382 Views)
hi,

I am an active labview programmer for the pase 2 and a half years and a huge lego entu. I was wondering when the toolkit for NXT in LabVIEW be out?? I also wanted to know if there are plans for a initial developers program on this toolkit. how do i sign up for it??

Ankur
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,374 Views)

I think, its a new forum, many people are not yet aware, soon it will take shape and the drive will be on. I think this place is the ideal place for the forum and am happy to be a pioneer.

Eric K.K. Abvare
Department of Physics
Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology(KNUST)
Kumasi, Ghana
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,362 Views)

I think, its a new forum, many people are not yet aware, soon it will take shape and the drive will be on. I think this place is the ideal place for the forum and am happy to be a pioneer.

My name is

Eric K.K. Abvare
Department of Physics
Kumasi, Ghana
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,362 Views)

My name is Eric

Eric K.K. Abvare
Department of Physics
Kumasi, Ghana
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,362 Views)

My name is Eric abavare

Eric K.K. Abvare
Department of Physics
Kumasi, Ghana
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,363 Views)
Hello All,

I have been using labview since version 4, and I am very excited about the NXT platform from NI and Lego.  Being more on the software side of things, embedded programming has always been intimidating.  Yet, with tne NXT platform, one can deploy embedded applications with relative ease.

Of the NXT-G improvements, I am most interested in a I2C block for the NXT programming enviroment.  This will allow anyone to dangle custom hardware at the input ports.  I can see tremendous utility for such a function.

Is there a way for one to access the I2C in the NXT-G enviroment?  For example, to dangle a PCF5274 chip for I2C IO expansion (8bit)?  What are your thoughts?

Larry
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,355 Views)

Hi eric

You can even edit a message if you are fast enough, so you don't have to send in so many retries

As you can see I am....

On the right site of the message you find options and only the owner of the message can edit.

Message Edited by Albert Geven on 08-11-2006 12:58 AM

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,352 Views)
  It's good to see these forums beginning to take off.
  To answer mspencer's original question:  Yes, I think it will be possible to use the toolkit to create custom blocks for the commercial NXT program.  I look forward to trying this myself.  I don't know what all functionality can be brought out in that way, but I expect that arrays will be a nice addition to the current NXT software.  Not sure how a new file mechanism can be done, but it's a great idea.

Regards,
   Dave T.
-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,333 Views)