LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Behavor When Using Encoders in Move a Fixed Distance VI

I have constructed a VI to have a FTC Robot drive in a Square using the Move a Fixed Distance VI in the Competition Toolkit for Labview 2012.  Sometimes the VI works great, then sometime it appears to skips over code or just stop.   I am using the Move a Fixed Distance VI followed by a Stop Motors for each segment (series of move straights then 90 deg turns).   Also, I am using a Wait Time greater than the time required to move the fixed distance.  The same Erractic behavior occurs whether I down the VI to the NXT brick or run VI from the NXT Brick.  The Brick is using the lastest Firmware for Labview 2012

I have had problems with erratic behavior in the Move a Fixed Distance VI for years.  I have NO such problems with Robot C move fixed distance routines.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,175 Views)

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry you are seeing erratic behavior with Move Fixed Distance. What type of motors are you using? Have you noticed anything more specific about the type of behavior you are seeing, e.g. the motor does not move the complete distance, or the motor does not stop after the specified distance?

If you can come up with a VI which isolates the problem, even if it works 90% of the time, that would be really helpful for me to reproduce on my end.

Thank you!

Garrett

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,174 Views)