LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Commands in NXT-G Blocks

Can Direct Commands from the NXT Toolkit be used in NXT-G blocks?  I assume not, but what got me thinking was that Guy Ziv posted a Battery Level NXT-G block which is much more complicated than simply using the Get Battery Level.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,828 Views)
Hi Eagles Coach,

You are correct to assume the direct commands cannot be used in NXT-G blocks. The Direct Commands API will not enable you to run programs on the NXT. Instead, you can connect to the NXT in real-time and issue commands to control the bot.

Cheers.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,814 Views)

I'm interrested in the same area. I want to control my robot bij Labview and use bluetooth. It's easy to get it running but the path to robot follows is not straight. So i read about this NXTOutputMulti Refnum and how you can synchornize two ports. And tried to adjust the fantom direct. I tried to get input values right for a few days now and it is still not working and in the 'LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT bluetooth developer kit.pdf' they never mention this synchornize function.

So i'm wondering is it possible to addres this synchornize application by direct command?

And another qeustion: I saw in one of the replies that it is possible send a message to the program that is running on the brick. Is there a pdf file where I can read all about this? And is it still possible to 'get output values' by using by fantom direct?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,790 Views)