LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting colors and signal duration. Is it possible?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm programming in LabVIEW since 1993, so I got a bit ahead of you. 

Anyway I'm also teaching after my retirement from Philips at the mechatronics department of Fontys in Eindhoven. 7 weeks 2 hours times 4 classes. So I know a bit how you feel, when I check my students.

I'm now building in some debugging because I miss the hardware. But maybe also handy for you.

In debugging you always can switch on the lightbulb (fifth element on the left second top row in the diagram.

You can then see the data flow slowly. Sometimes it shows what you do wrong.... 

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 97
(4,444 Views)

Hi

I did not find a bug in simulation mode, so look at the lighting in the room, maybe the white balance or color temperature of the lighting changed. Anyway I added this mode and extended, clarified the retreiving code a bit. here I used a sequence to go to a position and then wait long enough move out all blocks of that color.

I also miss a small piece of software that pops up when saving for LV15:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\NXT\Dual Mode Library\Sensors\i2c_sensors.vi (i2c_sensors.vi)
- This VI needs a driver or toolkit component that is not found. Missing resource file "NXTInputOutput.rc".
- This VI needs a driver or toolkit component that is not found. Missing resource file "EV3Primitive.rc".

But I don't have the lego hardware anyway...

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 97
(4,442 Views)

Thanks

We will check it out tomorrow morning 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 97
(4,439 Views)

Hi Albert

We have some problems with creating a proper subVI with three inputs (2 motors, one position) to the retrieving part of the system... We want one just like your move motor.vi 

Under i've added a doc with illustrations and also the subVi that i need to be like the move motors.vi with 3 inputs... Whenever we try to create a subVI, it doesnt work like yours... 

Thanks 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 97
(4,432 Views)

Also:

Same problem occured with the cluster only storing brown as the color today aswell... tried with red, blue and green

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 97
(4,429 Views)

Hi

You forgot to connect the inputs to the connector pane on the upperright of the front panel of the vi

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 97
(4,426 Views)

did you try my new version? of yesterday evening?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 97
(4,425 Views)

Yes, im pretty sure we did actually(like 95%). Could double check but might not be able to do that until tomorrow morning... 

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 97
(4,426 Views)

Both versions should have worked correctly.

If the measurement is OK it should also transfer correctly to the lower loop.

Anyhow you can check his because a simulation boolean has been added.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 97
(4,424 Views)

Hmmm... we will have a thorough look at it tomorrow morning... we've got just about 4 hours at our disposal then, so that should be more than enough time to test the whole process (as long as it doesn't record them as brown though, haha)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 97
(4,422 Views)