LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT communication between NXT's

Solved!
Go to solution

After making a BT connection between NXT's I run a simple vi on the master NXT to write a message to the slave NXT. Simultaneously a read vi is running on the slave NXT to simply read and display the message. Nothing seems to happen. I'm using the vi's in Addons>NXTToolkit>NXT Library>BT Messages. Any idea what I'm missing?

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,839 Views)
I do not know much about what you are trying to do other than this...  You can download remote control programs from the link at the bottom of this post.  One NXT controls another via a Bluetooth connection.  You may be able to look at the code and determine how to solve your issue.  Keep in mind, though, that this is NXT-G code, not LabVIEW, so it may be absolutely useless to you.  Maybe you can gleen something from it that will help in your LabVIEW coding.  This is just my two cents, which may only be worth one cent or less to you.  🙂 Good Luck,Ed DeWitt 

http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/ProjectDisplay.aspx?id=4c65bff5-46e2-49b4-9799-6fae25cbd096

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,834 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Greg_Reynolds

Here are two simple BT Master/Client VIs I used to get started with BT communication on the NXT using LabVIEW.

If both of your NXTs show the "Bluetooth connected" sign in the display, you can use the Master NXT (push button on Port 1 and ENTER-Button) to control the speed of two motors on the Client NXT (Motor on Port B and C).

Both NXTs also display the BT-Message on their display.

Regards
Ingo Foldvari
Area Sales Manager - US West Academic
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,826 Views)
Great, that solved my problem. I first wanted to just check that I could send and recieve bt messages, but the way I was reading the message (read.vi) didn't leave the message on the display long enough to be seen. I suppose once the message is read, then the mailbox is emptied. After looking at your example, I included the case structure to grab the message when it arrives (read02.vi). Thanks for the examples. That was exactly what I needed... and now I have some additional ideas.

Greg Reynolds
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
LeTourneau University
Greg R.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,817 Views)