LabVIEW and TestStand User Group: Central Scotland

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Opportunity to give a short presentation at NIDays 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for user group members across the UK to give a short (5-8 minute) presentation at this year's NIDays as part of our Quick Fire LabVIEW Presentations session.

It can be on a topic of your choice and you don't even need to make slides - working entirely in LabVIEW is absolutely fine!

If you want to submit an talk please post below by 12th October.

I will then share a poll and top 5 will present.

This is quick fire session is part of the LabVIEW User Group track at NIDays - a new track with purely community driven content aimed at experienced developers. I would love to get some more user groups involved as it's currently only three or four at the moment. 

The agenda:

• Making Attractive and Responsive UIs in LabVIEW with HTML - Mike Bailey & John White
  • Use of Asynchronous Call to Facilitate TCP Communications in Client Server Applications - Simon Carter
  • Machine Learning with LabVIEW and the VI Suggester - Bo Fu
  • Practical Lessons in LabVIEW OOP - James McNally
  • Quick Fire LabVIEW Presentations - Variety of presentors
  • VI Scripting - Chris Roebuck

We have a community page please join if you want to be involved either this year or next:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/nidays-2016-labview-community-track?view=overview

Thanks,

Charlotte

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,819 Views)
4 REPLIES

Re: Opportunity to give a short presentation at NIDays 2016

We might be able to do a short presentation on a state of the art training simulator for industrial divers that we are involved in developing that combines Virtual Reality, photo realistic control panels and LV for process simulations.

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
Message 2 of 5
(4,589 Views)

This sounds quite interesting Andy. I will be working with Peter soon to see if we can set another date. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Daniel T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,589 Views)

Hi Andy,

that sounds incredible and very different from all the other presentations in the day!

When do you think you would be able to confirm? I would love to add this to the agenda so I will keep the spot open for you. If you could let us know a few weeks before NIDays if you can't make it.

As a potential presenter could you please joing the group below so you can receive any updates and let us know if you can't make it?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/nidays-2016-labview-community-track

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,589 Views)

Charlotte,

I'm going to have to withdraw my offer of a Quick Fire presentation within NI Days. Sorry about that. I am very busy at the moment and can't really afford the time away now with very important deadlines coming up soon. Sorry about that. I am sure you will have more than enough presentations to make it a good session.

Regards,

Andy

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,588 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.