LabVIEW and TestStand User Group: Central Scotland

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Next Meeting Arrangements

Hi everyone,

Looking to gather some feedback on the time, day and duration of our next meeting.  It will likely be March at the earliest (new baby en route for February).

The last meeting was a little late in the day, so I'd say we bring the start time back to 4pm - I'm also open to running the meeting at another point in the day (morning / over lunch) if that suits people better.

Please could you let me know your preference? - I'm flexible on pretty much all fronts.

Cheers,

Peter

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,509 Views)
9 REPLIES

Re: Next Meeting Arrangements

I tend to find that towards the end of the day is easiest.

Dave (Lines)

Message 2 of 10
(5,882 Views)

I'm pretty easy - I tend to liase with Dan to be in the area - any ideas on topics / themes?

Message 3 of 10
(5,882 Views)

Peter, congratulations on the forthcoming addition to your family. Regarding days / time - I would also prefer something towards the end of the day.  Including travelling most of the working hours in a day might be taken up if it was midday, and as people tend to be very time constrained that might make attending more difficult to justify.

Andy

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
Message 4 of 10
(5,882 Views)

Cheers, Sasha.

I had a couple of ideas around a software engineering type discussion - i.e. using branches/tags + discussion on LabVIEW diff/merge.  I'm open to ideas

Thanks, Dave + Andy

Seems sensible to have this towards the end of the day, is 4pm too early if people are coming through from Glasgow/farther afield?  Push it to 5?  The last one was 6pm, I think that was a little late in the day.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,882 Views)

I would definitely rather it be earlier than last time, but I agree with everyone else that it would be better towards the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,882 Views)

5pm sounds good to me - hapy with that.

I'm happy to present a topic from the Cirrus Evaluation/Validation side if we're short of topics? Basically an overview of our testing framwork and perhaps a discussion on ways to expand/distribute the system effectively to more users than are using it currently and also across different sites - this is the position we find ourselves in at present. also tied in with Peter's suggestion above.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,882 Views)

I think I'd prefer 5pm, as that doesn't eat into afternoon too much. Coming from Glasgow, or anywhere via train it is fairly easy. But I wonder if earlier helps those driving to miss rush hour traffic. We've just completed a project using LV for a training simulator for a pharmaceutical manufacturing process - which isn't a common use of LV but one whcih it is very suitable. We could talk about that - if another one from us isn't hogging things too much. Not sure if hearing about applications is that useful for a user group - maybe it needs to have more about programming examples/tips or use of the tools (e.g. DIADEM).

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,882 Views)

Thanks to everyone for getting back to me, and for the ideas for presentations.  I'll kick off a discussion for the topics.

I've pencilled in a date of Tuesday 29th March @ 17:00.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,882 Views)

I just posted another discussion for topics, it has gone to a moderator and should be visible soon.  I was planning to copy over Chris and Andy's suggestions - but if you notice the post before I do feel free to post them there

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,882 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.