LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service calling Labview Web UI Builder

Hi Everybody,

Let me explain the setup first:

I am trying to communicate between Labview VI and LabVIEW Web UI Builder through Web Service.

I am inputing a numeric value from Labview web UI Builder and given to LabVIEW VI through Webservice.

and the LabVIEW given 5 different arrays for the specific numeric value, means if i give input value = 1, then i will get the values of arrays related to ID 1.

My problem: out of 5  1 D Arrays 3 are string and 2 are Numeric.

The value for specific 4 array comes correctly when read it through webservice in UI builder.

but nothing comes in the last array.

when i call the webserice in the browser then it shows the value of the array but it does'nt show in LabVIEW web UI builder.

Any possible reasons.

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,777 Views)

Hey Shrek

I tried reproducing your setup with a LabVIEW 2010 web service that returns 5 1-Darrays (3 string and 2 numeric) populated with data based on the value of an input numeric. I built and deployed that web service and accessed it from Web UI Builder as you mention below. It seems to work fine for me i.e. I pass an integer value to the web service and I get back 5 arrays fully populated with data. I'm not sure what I am doing differently from your application, is there any chance you can describe your LabVIEW web service in more detail or even better attach it here or send it to me for further investigation?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Diya Mukherji

LabVIEW Web UI Builder R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,764 Views)

Thank you Diya for concern,

I have sorted out the problem, Actually i am reading the arrays from the database, for one of the array value was (null) and thereafter the webservice did'nt returned any value for the next arrays connected to connector pane.

I removed the null values from database and the webservice worked properly, but i am not unserstanding(when same null value is passed through control instead of database) then above problem is not occuring.

Regards,

Shrenik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,753 Views)

I have successfully built a Web UI Builder vi that monitors 3 booleans and a string value.  The service is a simple VI that accesses shared variables and sets the indicators.

My seconcd VI I am building into a web service has a Boolean control that writes to a shared variable.  For for testing, I put a boolean indicator on the front panel too, so that the control sets not only the shared variable, but also the indicator.  But Booleans are connected to the connector pane.

When import the new service to UI Builder, I can only access the boolean indicator.  My control boolean is not showing up.

Any ideas?  I make sure I re-deploy after I build the service  (made that mistake once!)

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,473 Views)

figured it out.  The name of the control can't have any spaces in it.  For example, my control was 'Sim Control'.  Changed it to 'SimControl'.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,466 Views)