From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview web server

Hello everyone,

i am currently doing a project which requires that i should be able to control a LabVIEW VI from the internet and if possible from the Data Dashboard app on the android.

I am aware of the LabVIEW web server and i have configured it on my system. Hence i am able to control the VI through the internet in my computer.

I thing that i wish to clarify is that can i have access to the same VI through the internet on any other computer which may be on the same or on a different network? If yes what should i do to complete the task 

Secondly can i control a LabVIEW VI from the Data Dashboard app on a Android mobile phone? 

Regards

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,479 Views)

Hi Jalashwa, 

Please see Enhancements to the Data Dashboard for LabVIEW app regarding upcoming support for Android Tablets.  The current version of Data Dashboard for Android does not allow for VI control (monitoring only).  Data Dashboard 2 on the Android platform will include features that enable controlling a VI. 

Regarding access a VI via Web services or Shared Variables over the internet, this is a question whose solution isn't unique to LabVIEW or Data Dashboard.  The same rules that govern hosting any web site, web service, or network application that is intended to be accessed over some local network or publically accessible over the internet applies to applications written in LabVIEW.  Getting this working has mostly do to with where you are hosting the application, the network hardware you have locally on your network, and your internet service provider.  As I said before this is a problem without unique requirements because you are using LabVIEW and Data Dashboard.  Instead I encourage you to research on Google how this should be set up given the current configuration of your hardware and your network. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,437 Views)

Mark,

as  adviced by your i will delve into the details i will get back to you if i need help 

Regards

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,432 Views)