This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the data type for the Data Dashboard XY Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Indeed right now you can only set the color of the first plot. Hopefully we will add the ability to change the color of each plot in a future update of Data Dashboard. This feature request is tracked internally with CAR 399548.

The XY Graphs in LabVIEW and Data Dashboard accept different data types for multiplot data. If you want to achieve the same result in LabVIEW you would build a cluster where each element is a channel of data. So instead of 2D array of points it would be a cluster of 1D arrays of points.

If you are able to post your dashboard and LabVIEW application, we could take a look at the hang. My first guesses would be that the data set is very large or is being updated very often and Data Dashboard can't keep up, but we'd have to see the code to know more.

Message 11 of 17
(5,268 Views)

Hi!

I never saved the dashboard that kept hanging, but you are right there is alot of data. Actually 2 plots x 20160points.

That means 2x2x20610 elements of double DBL per XY graph.

I also have three XY-graphs that sometimes update simultaneously.

My SVE resides on a cRIO-9074, so it might be to much for the system.

I have tried it again and now it works pretty ok, I´m guessing I might have had network buffering enabled before (enabled by default).

Still had one hang of the entire Dashboard App, but mostly my dashboard is just slow to respond.

I´ve attached the dashboard and the Type-def I used for the XY-multiplot-graph and the lvlib.

(Dashboard is in Swedish, sorry about that...)

/David

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(5,251 Views)

If you are using shared variables then every time you write to the shared variable in your VI that new value is sent to the client (Data Dashboard in this case). For large data that can be overwhelming, especially for a tablet client with limited resources. You should try to throttle your updates on the server side so that you only send updates at a slower rate.

If that doesn't work then maybe you could attach both the dashboard and some sample code so that we can reproduce the issue and give further advice.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(5,248 Views)

Hi!

I am updating the SNV only on-demand from iPAD or when a new value is logged (once a minute).

Have tried to update one graph at a time (@ 0, 20, 40 seconds) but I still get chrash of Dashboard App sometimes.

I have a working solution with a mulriplot chart (no time-vector) and I will settle for that!

The iPAD ships to customer this afternoon, so I won't be able to investigate further.

Thanks for all the help.

This is my first time posting a problem here and I'm impressed with the response!

/David

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(5,234 Views)

I don't know what you meant by "on-demand from iPAD".

We have tested Data Dashboard consuming as much as 15k data points in a graph, but I don't think we tested an XY graph with 20k points (which is like 40k points for a normal graph). It could be just overwhelming the app with data. Try decimating your data before putting it into the shared variable.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(5,220 Views)

Hi!

Sorry, "On-Demand" meant that the user changes an enum on the Dashboard, selecting which channel to be viewed in the Dashboard graph.

The enum is connected to a SNV.

Host detects the change and sends new data to Graph-SNV.

Decimation would be an alternative.

Thanks

/David

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(5,215 Views)

Ah, that makes sense. Let us know how it goes when you get a chance.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(5,210 Views)