This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the data type for the Data Dashboard XY Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

I am playing with the new Data Dashboard (!!) on my iPad 2 and am having trouble setting up the shared variables that host data to the XY Graph.

On my PC, in my Project (inside of a variable library) I have set up shared variables for all of the other controls/indicators available in the app; They all work great. However, I have not been able to identify the data type that is for the XY Graph in Data Dashboard. Of course, inside LabVIEW, I use a cluster of 2 arrays; this is not an available data type that I can select while creating a new variable on the hosting side. I have even gone so far as to create a custom control from my XYGraph in LabVIEW and then creating the data type "From Custom Control..." with no success.

What gives? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for the help!!

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(14,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aerogoob

Great question, Aerogoob.

The XY graph can be bound to a 1d array of "points", where each point is a cluster of two numerics (X and Y). To create a shared variable of this type, you can set the data type to "From Custom Control..." in the shared variable properties dialog. Of course, first you'll have to build the custom control of the correct type: array of cluster of two numerics.

If any of that doesn't make sense, please post back and we can walk you through it in more detail.

Also, just for completeness, the chart indicator can be bound to a scalar numeric or to an array of numerics. The graph indicator can only be bound to an array of numerics.

Message 2 of 17
(14,370 Views)

Jattas,

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply -- That worked like a charm.

It also appears that I am limited to displaying 50 points... I am sending more than that to the indicator (anywhere from 200 to 1000) at a time. Is there either a limit that is not published (appears to be 50) or a property within Data Dashboard that can be modified to display more points?

Thanks again!

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(14,366 Views)

Actually -- Just found my mistake. Time vector (x-values) was only populated with 50 points... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(14,365 Views)

Hi

What about data type for Graph indicator only?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(14,061 Views)

The graph indicator in Data Dashboard 2.0 can be connected to a 1D array of numeric values.

Message 6 of 17
(14,048 Views)

Thanks a lot. It's works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(14,025 Views)

Hi!

I am tyring to send a XY-graph to a data dashboard using shared network variable (iPAD IV)

Want to show TWO XY-plots in the same XY-graph indicator (multiplot).

Actually, two plots in a waveform graph would also do.

(Why? I have a graph showing a trend. The user can change the input channel to by changing a Drop-Down menu, so the entire graph-content can change at an instance)

I have tried the usual LabVIEW ways of creating both XY-graphs and Waveform Graphs.

Creating a SNV (when necessary from custom control and then disconnecting the typedef since I'm using a cRIO for the deployment).

After deploying the varible, it always works to read it from a LV program on a Windows PC.

But, when trying to connect to the variable in data dashboard, I get "No compatible variables found for the control or indicator".

My tries (might have forgotten some):

1) Tried building an array of the cluster in the post by jattas.

2) Tried an array of cluster, where the cluster contains two 1D arrays with X-vector and Y-vector.

3) Tried creating a waveform. Then building it to an array. This is actually an available data type for the SNV (no custom control needed)

4) Tried just sending it as a 2D array (col0 = plot1, col1= plot2).

5) Tried bundling each 1D-array. Then building to an array.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(13,750 Views)

Your timing is impeccable. Data Dashboard 2.0 supports only one plot per graph or chart. But just yesterday Data Dashboard 2.1 went live on the App Store, and multiplot is one of its big new features!

The data types for multiple plots are the same as single plots, except 2D arrays instead of 1D arrays. Each row in the array is a channel of data (i.e. two rows means two plots).

• XY graph can now be bound to a 2D array of points (where a point is a cluster of two numerics)
  • Graph and chart can now be bound to a 2D array of numerics

Please try downloading the update and let us know how it works for you.

Message 9 of 17
(13,732 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply!

It would indeed seem like I´m in luck.

A 2D array of Double works in a Waveform Graph. (Via a 2D array shared Network Variable).

One comment: I can change the color of only one plot. Can't find a way to select which plot is "active" for the attributes...

The 2D array of "points" I can't get to work.

LabVIEW does not accept a 2D array of cluster of two DBL elements for a XY-graph (cluster as shown here in a 1D array in your previous post).

The Data dashboard does allow linking the XY-graph to the SNV, but once started, the Dashboard becomes unresponsive and the App hangs.

Tride to transpose the data with the same result.

I notice that the data type is recognized as "Array of Points" rather than "2D array of points".

I believe I will settle for the Waveform graph.

Thank you for your help!

/David

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(13,720 Views)