LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spherical Controls for Controlling Quadcopter

Hi there, 

I just got into Data Dashboard and I do not know if there is anything like what I will suggest out there but is very simple.

In order to fly my quadcopter with labview through Data Dashboard in my tablet, I need to be able to pilot like if I had an RC in my hand. Ofcourse, for safety reasons I will not forget about RC and will have a second pilot in case communication fails or anything but I would like to try this, and the only possible way would be with some "Spherical Controls". I mean spherical just to state that you can manipulate it in 2 axis simultaneously at least. I know it would be more like a "Planar Control" but, RC are pretty much sphercial so thats where I get the name. I tried using XY graphs but I seem to be unable to use them as inputs. Does anyone know how to use indicators as controls?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,060 Views)

That's impossible, controls are inputs and indicators are outputs, you can't use them another way.

But could tackle this by creating a custom control:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/custom_cont_ind_type/

You could also implement the AR Drone Toolkit ( http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/es/nid/211837 ) there are some really cool implemented projects on the internet ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoiwL0SK3jA )

With the toolkit you can create a graphical interface, like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Kudos are welcome 😉 marked solutions are awesome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,000 Views)

Sorry but that doesn't answer my question.

My question is related to "Data Dashboard". The application that you deploy on a tablet/ipad/smarthphone or whatever to see data on realtime (from your tablet) and interact with the Labview VI runninng in the computer, for example. Not how to design a graphical interface in the computer (VI).

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,994 Views)

To answer your question; you can't use an indicator as a control. It is not possible in LabVIEW, data dashboard, neither any other software (You could use a control as an indicator, though).

You could design the interface on your computer (using custom controls) and interact with it using data dashboard.

Or just use a couple of scroll bars.

Kudos are welcome 😉 marked solutions are awesome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,988 Views)

I simply need a control (IN DASHBOARD) with 2 axis of freedom, similar to a joystic. And 2 bars wont do it because u need to move each one separately and I need to move them at the same time to make the adjustments. Also, I would need 4 bars, 2 for each joystick, so not practical.

And thank you but again, the question has absolutely nothing to do with the design of the interface in the pc (which I already have). I simply need to feed the signals from dashboard and do so in a practical manner.

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,803 Views)

I have controlled a quadcopter with Data Dashboard before, but only with limited functionality.  I used a vertical slider to control the elevation and a horizontal slider to move side to side.  I never attempted to move it forward or backward, and I kept it tethered to the ground so it couldn't wander off.  It was really only useful as a demonstration that it could be done.

-Brandon

Message 6 of 6
(6,795 Views)