LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni Web Builder detailed project help

i want to do simple project that in labview vi i built 3 variables two od them are boollean type and one is double . i make network shared variables of above 3 variables . steps from which i go thru are following.

1- after creating variables i access them i write mode on block diagram .

2- after writing simple data i built web service .

3- in web service i specify source file and URL mapping .

4- than i build the project and deploy .

In web builder after entering URL address i received my web service but when i place web service in block diagram the variable which are controls in Vi are accessed here as control .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND PROBLEM

In downloaded example of temperature chamber i dont receive data on web ui builder VIX.

Also how i can access simulate signal data on web builder to plot .

So please here i want that can any one of you help me out by giving or refer me to a document which describes all these steps may be im missing some steps thats wht the problem occured so please Help me out these 

THankxx

M. Waqas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,771 Views)

Hi engrwaqas,

Could you post screen shots or code for your first problem? It sounds like the terminals in the VI are wired wrong or the url mapping is incorrect. 

The temperature chamber example page has a document called "LabVIEW Web UI Builder Demo Script.docx" that describes how to use the demo with. Were you having trouble getting this to work? If so could you describe in more detail what exact problem you are running into? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,758 Views)

According to me there must be some mistake on labVIEW VI side may be im missing some configuration because my web ui builder steps are same to the script  . i attach some screen shots that may be helps you to trouble shoot problem.

And temparature chamber.zip project runs accurately.

the problem is there in the snap shot that no indicator appears on web ui builder block diagram it means i have missed some thing on labview VI.

i have attached the whole project please check it out which step i have missed.

Thankx Alot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,752 Views)

this is the main problem which i told in above project if this is resolve i think my all question will be solved .

so kindly check it out 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,750 Views)

Hi engrwaqas, 

The problem looks to be the data type. WebUI builder doesn't support waveform datatypes, as noted here.  Could you doublecheck that the modified version I included works for you and let me know if you still have problems? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,733 Views)

now in your modified VI the indicator appears in block diagram of web ui builder but when i run the program on ui builder it does not show any value mean indicator gives 0 at output on ui builder.

And also can you please tell me what mistake i made on VI that it does not showing indicator at the start when i sent you mail.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,718 Views)

Hi engrwaqas, 

Can you let me know if the attached project works for you? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,702 Views)

hi Jesse Dennis

this VI sitll not working check the snapshot attached . I have checked by disabling antivirus and firewall.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,694 Views)

Hi engrwaqas, 

I tend to think this is a problem with the VI setup because webUI is finding the service. The VI in your screen shot looks different that the one I put in my last project, you may want to double check you are using the right one, you will also need to build and deploy the web service. 

You can double check the service is working property by pasting the following string into any web browser navigation bar: 

http://localhost:8080/signal_plot/signal_plot/1

You should get a response like: 

<Response>
<Terminal>
<Name>random_sin(x)</Name>
<Value>0.786607</Value>
</Terminal>
</Response>

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos