From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Web UI applications possibilities and requirements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm still evaluating LabVIEW Web UI and I've not yet built/deployed any application.

But is it possible to deploy my Web UI applications to the NI cloud storage, using it as the host?

Besides, is it required to have LabVIEW installed on the application host?

Finally, is it required for the client to be on the same network of the host application?

Thanks,

Marcelo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gracietti

Hi gracietti,

your answers:

But is it possible to deploy my Web UI applications to the NI cloud storage, using it as the host?

No, it isn't. To build or deploy your application you must have a labVIEW Web UI Builder Development license.

Besides, is it required to have LabVIEW installed on the application host?

It is necessary to install  the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in to view and access LabVIEW Web UI Builder

Finally, is it required for the client to be on the same network of the host application?

No, it isn't. You can access the application from another network, but you need to use port forwarding. More informations: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FE64994F19D12273862579AB008001D1?OpenDocument

I hope this help us.

Regards,

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

Message 2 of 3
(9,439 Views)

I think we may have some confusion about the term "host" here.

It is the client (computer viewing the WebUI thin client) that must have Microsoft Silverlight installed (and that's it, no LabVIEW == power of web services).

The host, the computer whose web address you go to to view the web page, must have the NI Application Web Server installed to host the WebUI Builder output file.

host = NI Application Web Server (included with LabVIEW or available for install through a LabVIEW-built installer)

client = Microsoft Silverlight plugin (available freely from Microsoft)

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 3 of 3
(9,288 Views)