LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in web ui builder the vi has been aborted....

Solved!
Go to solution

Do someone have solution for this error, i have attached picture from the error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,179 Views)

Hi,

From looking at the error, my best guess is that you're using a chart, and it's given a null input.

I've seen this before in the case of an array control wired up to a chart, where the array has no initial values. When you run the VI, you'd get an error much like the one you pasted. If this is the case, you can avoid the error by initializing the array first:

- either entering values before you run for the array on the front panel, then doing 'Make Default' so they persist; or

- giving the array initial values on the block diagram before wiring it to the chart.

If you're seeing this error in another situation, we'd probably need additional info on what your block diagram looks like to figure out why.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,159 Views)

I set the array initial values. and now when i deploy my application and type localhost in the URL it's work perfect but when i change the localhost with my Ip address i steel have  the same error. Also when i Host the application in the C:inetpub/wwwroot i have again the same error i seams that my application work only on localhost when i copy all files into C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NI WebServer\www How can i make it work on the Server or another machine.

Thanks for the replay!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,069 Views)

Hi Luis,

When you use your IP address, are you using the same port number as you are with the localhost?  What files are you copying over to the inetpub\wwwroot directory?  Do you have any other webpages published through that folder?  Are they working just fine?

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,041 Views)

i fix most of my problems now i have only one, how can i change web server uri in ip address of the web service which is imported in web ui builder, and after that to build installation for 

the web service vi with that web service, now when i make installer there is one option for including the web service , that one with wrong ip address how can i fix this ? Thanks for all replays

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,006 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel Stoilkov

In order to change the IP address that is accessed using the Web Service VI that is created, all you need to do is simply wire a value to the "server uri in" input of the subVI that was created.  This will override the IP address that is hardcoded inside of the Web Service VIs.  

test.png

Hopefully this helps with the problem you are having.  If I misunderstood your problem, please give me a bit more detail to help clarify the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,986 Views)

One other option that is available IF the web services and the web application are going to be hosted on the same device is the Application URL node. This node will get the IP address of the device and allow you to use this as the input to the web service "server URI in" input.

GetURL.jpg

URL.jpg

The benefit of this approach is that you can use the same code on multiple devices without any changes. However, it only works if the web service and thin client are hosted in the same place (i.e. a cRIO device).

Message 7 of 9
(7,974 Views)

Thanks for all replies!!

i solved that problem, but now it's show up another, i have to much data to send to the client who is watching my application in the browser i measure the Upload Internet capacity i need for showing my data in web browser and it's about 7 Mbits/s. How can i reduce this amount of data which my web service is pulling? Thanks for all Help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,945 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I'm not quite sure what it is that you are asking.  With Web UI Builder, the amount of data that is transferred is dependent on how your web service is set up.  You will need to change your web service in order to reduce the amount of data it sends on a call. 

Also, I notice that you have all very good questions, but unrelated to each other and the original post.  It might be of yours and others best interest to start new threads for different questions.  This way if other users have similar questions in the future, they will easily be able to find a match and get help.  Also your new question will get more visibility with a new post in the forum.  

Hopefully my answer helped, but please provide a bit more information in case I misinterpreted the problems you are having.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,935 Views)