LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datadashboard and emailing configuration?

Does the current version of datadashboard allow emailing the configuration to another device or is this something that is coming with the next version?

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,408 Views)

Hi Todd,

This is coming with version 2.0 of the product, however that will be iPad only - for more information, see http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14033/en#toc2 .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,407 Views)

Hi,

I am referering to the April 2013 update on the document about Data Dashboard Enhancement for the iPad. In the section about sharing the dashboard, it looks like if I send an iPad-created dashboard to a customer, the dashboard can be used on the customer's iPad ( provided the links to the application variables are correct etc...)

After feedling with it for a little while, sending a dashboard to myself,  I was able to open the dashboard using iClound mail only, not others, as the dasboard file was not recognized. Ok.

Now what about the following:

- sharing data dashboard for iPod / iPhone users?  The app for these device does not seem to allow for sharing

- sharing data dashboard for Android devices? Would I have to create a dashboard on an Android first and send it to a customer with an Android, or could the dashboard file format be cross platform , iOS, Android?

Thx

L.

PS:

I am using Data Dashboard for iPad ver 2.0.1.21

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,973 Views)

The sharing feature is only supported in Data Dashboard 2.0 which is currently only available on iPad. This means that you cannot share a dashboard with Android or Windows tablets or phones using any OS.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,966 Views)

Any plans to have the share feature between android devices?

Thx

L

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,962 Views)

BSI,

We (National Instruments) closely follow trends within the mobile operating space. We've seen the global shift from iOS to Android in the tablet space over the past years (iOS was over 70% market share when Data Dashboard was first released). We take trends into account for our development roadmap but unfortunately we are not able to provide specifics on unreleased products. For future product releases, stay tune to ni.com/mobile and ni.com/mobilegroup so you'll be the first to know.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,951 Views)