From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dashboard - Indicators and Controls

Hi, anyone have or know where i can find documents or books about data dashboard, because i wanna know which type of shared variables are necesary for each control or indicator in data dashboard, for example i wanna know about Drop Down, which kind of shared variables does it needs to function, right now i just saw how to write the values i want to see in my drop down but there's 2 options when im trying to connect the shared variable, should i use Selected Item Index or Items Strings, i want to select the value for the case structure( see image)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,505 Views)

You can see the data types in the in app help.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9B247551BE7F46A8625795000552CDE

Cheers,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,493 Views)

Kracken escribió:

You can see the data types in the in app help.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9B247551BE7F46A8625795000552CDE

Cheers,

Brandon

Thank you for the support, but it doesn't show me how to use the control im looking for (Drop Down)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,466 Views)

For the Dropdown control, you can use an Int32 shared variable. In Data Dashboard, you'd pick the "Selected [Item] Index" property, and connect that to your shared variable. Then, with the control selected, click the gear icon in the top right corner, and pick "Strings" to configure the item names for the dropdown.

(Note: You can send the item names from LabVIEW too, with an array of strings bound to the Item Strings property in Data Dashboard. But if you have just a couple of items, it's often easiest just to type them in from Data Dashboard.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,447 Views)