From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a camera to media player

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI 1764 camera. Is there any way to connect to media player from web builder? Like an webcam.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,482 Views)

Hi Adi_,

Unfortunately, at this point the Media Player control can only show videos that are being hosted on a web server.

What sort of application are you working on? How would a "webcam"-like video feed be used in your application?

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,458 Views)

I have a system with a conveyer belt and some sensors commanded by cRIO and I want to  see my system from web application with a camera.

How can I do that? Is possible?

Thx!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,447 Views)

Instead of using the media player control, I think it should be possible to use the Web UI Builder image control instead, with a LabVIEW web service (in streaming mode) that will stream out an image. I'm not sure if there's any example / tutorial that demonstrates something like this, though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,439 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adi_

Hi Adi_,

At this point, the Media control and the Image control can only display videos and images that are hosted on a web server. So streaming video is not possible at this point. You may be able to simulate streaming by using a camera to capture images and save those images to a directory that is hosted by a web server. Then from your Web UI Builder application you could programmatically load the images in order at a desired rate (assuming the naming scheme of the image files are known). Depending on your application, this may or may not suffice.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but your feedback is much appreciated.

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,437 Views)

Thanks. It works, but the rate for each frame is very low so the quality of my streaming it's not so god. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,389 Views)

I have been able to connect my webcam up to the Media Viewer control using Expression Encoder and publishing an mms stream.  I assume there is other software out there that can accomplish the task, but this is what I had handy.  I don't have much experience with building live video streams, but I did want to point out that it is possible.

Jeff Peters

LabVIEW R & D

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,305 Views)